NAMI Westside Annual Fundraiser! Pick Your Team or Request your own! Share. Tag. Donate. Team Adrian & Lauren
Team Adrian & Lauren
Team Adrian and Lauren
Balancing the emotional rollercoaster that comes with being a mental health advocate can feel overwhelming isolating at times. This is why I, along with my NAMI family, use positive coping strategies to help revitalize us in our quest to end the stigma surrounding brain illnesses and to keep us going in our pursuit to change our broken mental health care systems and provide life-changing outlets and resources for mental health awareness in our country.
My latest positive coping strategy is being a puppy mom to Georgie, 3 months, who loves to sleep and play almost as much as she loves kissing the refrigerator in hopes of it magically opening to grant access to the chicken inside of it. This little face has provided endless joy and happiness on days when I feel defeated. Now I want to know: what are some of your positive coping strategies?!
Use the following hashtags and share with us! #teamAdrianandLauren #positivecopingstrategies #letscopetogether #NAMIWLA
Lauren Reynaldo, NAMI WLA Family to Family Facilitator
NAMI Westside Los Angeles (NAMI WLA) is the local non-profit affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental health conditions. NAMI Westside is thrilled to kick off Mental Health Awareness Month in May with our first annual Westside Wellness Weekend, a fundraiser that will allow us to continue offering our community the many FREE resources we all need now more than ever.
We’re also hoping to have some fun along the way! Join Team Adrian and Lauren and record yourself enjoying the positive coping strategy that’s helped you get through the pandemic (and could also be helping you deal with any #FONO (Fear of Normal) you might be experiencing as the world slowly opens up again). All vibes welcome!
The next steps are easy: SHARE your video with us, TAG five friends, and DONATE. Come join the fun(d) now!
This campaign is sponsored by
SHOW US YOUR POSITIVE COPING SKILLS!
Share. Tag. Donate.
Share. Tag. Donate.
Share your favorite positive coping skill with us— whether it be dancing, singing, cooking, meditation, long walks, or any activity that helps you cope!
How to join the challenge:
1. Upload a 15-30 second selfie video (or pic) of your best positive coping strategy.
2. Select the BLUE BUTTON to make your donation to the team of your preference.
3. Share your Best Positive Coping Strategy link on social media and nominate a minimum of 5 friends to join the challenge and donate. Tag @namiwla and use campaign hashtags #positivecopingstragies #letscopetogether #NAMIWLA
4. Invite your friends and followers to join the NAMI WLA Wellness Weekend presented by sponsors indicated below on May 1-2, 2021. Click the link to visit our Wellness Weekend page for more information.
Team Adrian & Lauren Challenge Leaderboard
Vote for your favorite photo or video by donating!
Recent Donations for the Team Adrian & Lauren team
- Richmond Arquette donated $50.00.
- Frank Kosa donated $100.00.
- Kesila Childers donated $25.00.
- Daniela Medeiros donated $100.00.
- Sarah Haufrect donated $100.00.
- Sandra Hoffman donated $25.00.
- Ryan Marian donated $50.00.
- Timothy Greaves donated $50.00.
- Melody Verdugo donated $50.00.
- Christopher Lakey donated $50.00.
- Julian Wettlin donated $100.00.
- Jeremy Daly donated $25.00.
- Kat Basolo donated $50.00.
- Jordan Silverberg donated $100.00.
- Hannah Skolnick donated a private amount.
- Reuben Sears donated $50.00.
- Phoebe Wilson donated a private amount.
- Brian Cohen donated $36.00.
- Kristen Perez donated a private amount.
- Stacy Kayne donated $20.00.
- Katy McIlvaine donated $25.00.
- Seraphina Lotkhamnga donated $25.00.
- Tattiya Maruco donated $50.00.
- Caroline Xanthakis donated $25.00.
- Jon Granat donated $50.00.
- Kraegan Graves donated $50.00.
- Bryan Chabrow donated $25.00.
- Omar Herrera donated $100.00.
- Liam Palmer donated $25.00.
- Jessica Park donated $100.00.
- Anonymous donated a private amount.
- Howard Horwitz donated $35.00.
- dondrea erauw donated $25.00.
- Danica Bates donated $50.00.
- Henry van Roden donated $40.00.
- Wade Oxford donated $25.00.
- Rudy Chung donated a private amount.
- Kerri Horwitz donated a private amount.
- Sarah Churng donated $10.00.
- Anonymous donated $25.00.