Privacy and Information Security Policy
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We generally will not disclose any of Your Personally Identifiable Information except when We have Your permission to do so or under some special circumstances described below.
- Our primary use of Your Personally Identifiable Information is for the following purposes:
- (i) to administer, maintain, and improve Your experience on Our Platform generally,
- (ii) to identify You when You visit Our Platform, and to provide You with customized and personalized Services, FundDuel Content and layout,
- (iii) for Our own internal purposes, such as providing, maintaining, evaluating, enhancing, maintaining and improving Our Platform and Services, and products and services We offer and sell,
- (v) to provide customer support,
- (vi) to communicate with and deliver information to You,
- (vii) to track the use of Our Platform for Our internal research and to collect Aggregate Information on Our users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve Our users,
- (viii) to resolve disputes,
- (x) to offer You the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from Third Parties, and if You give Your permission for this information from Third Parties, We may share Your name and e-mail address with such Third Parties,
- (xii) to send You advertisements, e-mails regarding Our Platform, Services and Promotions, other information that is targeted to Your interests, surveys, and direct mail about products or services that We believe may be of interest to You. If You do not want to receive any of the foregoing communications from Us, You may opt-out at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to Linda@FundDuel.com. Similarly, if You are not receiving any of the foregoing communications from Us and You wish to receive these materials, You may opt-in at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to Linda@FundDuel.com, and
- (xiii) to share Your Personally Identifiable Information with Third Parties to fulfill service requests and to perform certain of Our business functions, as determined by Us in Our discretion, such as data hosting services, customer support, technical support and other business services.
REVIEW, UPDATE, CORRECT OR DELETE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We rely on You to update and correct Your Personally Identifiable Information. We encourage You to review, correct, update, deactivate or terminate Your Personally Identifiable Information whenever it is inaccurate or necessary through Your account management screen or by contacting Linda@FundDuel.com. You may obtain a copy of, request that We correct errors in, and edit Your Personally Identifiable Information and Your password at any time online or by sending an e-mail request to Linda@FundDuel.com. You will be required to provide proof of Your identity. We will respond to any such requests, unless not legally or otherwise permissible. You may ask to have the information on Your account deleted or removed; however, some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete Your information without some residual information because of backups. We can also decide to delete Your Personally Identifiable Information if We believe in Our discretion that it is incomplete, inaccurate, or that Our continued use and storage of the same is contrary to Our obligations or not permitted by Law.
We may collect (whether online, by phone, or by paper), rent, sell and/or use analytic and reporting technologies to record Aggregate Information about You and We may use this Aggregate Information to improve the usability of Our Platform and for Our other business reasons, and We may disclose this Aggregate Information to Our business partners, potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, customers, and others, but only in the aggregate without any of Your Personally Identifiable Information. You may not opt-out of Us sharing this Personally Identifiable Information about You as Aggregate Information. As used herein, "Aggregate Information" refers to information that does not directly identify You as You interact with Our Platform or identify a specific individual. Examples of Aggregate Information include the following: Your browser type, the Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the previous website You visited, which URL You go to after visiting Our Platform, Your ISP, Your operating system, Your Internet protocol (IP) Address, Your Internet domain and host names, Your click patterns, Your browsing history, Your search terms, products and services viewed, Your industry and business (size, location, functions), Your time on a website, Your response to a particular advertisement, or to cookies or surveys, the dates and times that You accessed Our Platform and Our Services, and other information about You from Our server log files.
Our Platform and Services are intended for people over the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect or use any Personally Identifiable Information from children that We know to be under the age of 18 without that child's parent's or guardian's prior written consent. In addition, We will delete any information in Our database that We know originates from a child under the age of 18 for whom We do not have the written consent of the guardian or parent of the child.
When making payments on the Platform, You may be asked to provide additional Personally Identifiable Information, such as a credit card number, billing address, credit card expiration date, security code, PIN numbers, account number, routing number and tracking information from checks or money orders. If You open a credit account on Our Platform, We or Our Payment Processor may use Your address and billing information to bill You and provide associated support. When You enter sensitive information such as a credit card number and/or social security number on Our registration or order forms, We encrypt that information Using secure socket layer technology (sometimes referred to as "SSL") and store it on Our secured servers. OR Your credit card information is never stored on Our servers or is encrypted and stored on a restricted-access database that is away from Our main Platform and only accessible by authorized users. Your credit card information may be transferred to Our Payment Processor for processing. Our Payment Processor has assured Us that it employs a variety of security and risk management technologies to facilitate secure on-line transactions and to protect Your credit information. You can find more information about Our Payment Processor's security and risk management transactions at www.stripe.com. We are not responsible for any actions or failure to act by Our Payment Processor.
- (i) to collect certain Aggregate Information about Our users, and to estimate Our customer base and customer usage patterns, and to help target Promotions based on customer interests and behavior, both specifically to individual customers and on an aggregate basis with respect to all customers,
- (ii) to monitor aggregate Platform usage metrics,
- (iii) to store and remember Your passwords (if You allow Us to do so),
- (iv) to store account and advertising preferences that You have set,
- (v) to personalize the Services We make available to You, and
- (vi) to provide information which is targeted to Your interests and customize certain aspects of Your specific user experience.
Most, but not all, cookies are automatically deleted at the end of a session. You may decline Our cookies if Your browser permits, although Your use and the functionality of Our Platform and Services will then be restricted.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
WARNINGS REGARDING ONLINE PRIVACY
EFFECTIVE DATE; AMENDMENTS
In the event We determine that a security incident with respect to Your Personally Identifiable Information has occurred, We will notify You by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by Law.
TRANSMISSION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Your Personally Identifiable Information is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in Your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access Your Personally Identifiable Information. By submitting Your Personally Identifiable Information to Us, You agree to the transfer, storage and processing of Your Personally Identifiable Information in the United States.